Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Well I have decided to take on a real world photography project. The Flaming Lips are coming out with a new album in september. "Embryonic" is going to be a double album with guests like " The Yeah Yeah Yeahs" and "MGMT." It has the potential to be beautiful and I just bought tickets to see their show near Portland. My idea was to try and get a newspaper or magazine in Bozeman to cover the release of their new album and have me provide the images. And since I will be a real photographer I will need to have a press pass at the concert and get to be up front and backstage. Its a smaller concert........ I think and if I can get the people in Bozeman on board i think i might be able to pull it off. So yeah the next good thing is that a MSU grad is going to be around doing a musician photo shoot in missoula for the warped tour. And that will be taking place on the 11th of August and the concert is on the 20th which will give me some experience and allow me to ask questions I have about it. Right now im just waiting to hear back if she will want me to help out in missoula. That would be awesome. I also emailed my instructor i had in my first photography class. We seemed to get along well and I expect to hear something from her soon. Anyway this is my next ASSIGNMENT!

No comments:

Post a Comment